Hotel Telegrafo Havana Vieja
Prado 408 Corner Neptuno, Old Havana, Cuba.
It is the oldest hotel in Cuba, and has opened its doors in 1860, several years after the construction of the first telegraph station in the country, which is the name of the hotel. In 1888 the hotel was moved to its current location. In 1914 all rooms and the restaurant already had a phone, offering customers the service of national and international calls at a time when even public toilets were a rare and luxurious comfort. The creation of a third floor in 2001, the year it was officially reopened again to offer his services, not only marks the culmination of efforts in the restoration work, begun in the nineties, but also the vertical building, which originally had a single floor.
Located at the intersection of Prado and Neptuno, the hotel is just steps from the beach, close to the most famous monuments of Old Havana. Inside, the high ceilings and the arches, offer a glimpse into his past, since the lobby has been remodeled with an eclectic design, the furniture is modern, with a touch of good taste that makes it similar to a modern art gallery. This style moves to the bar, where the remains of the high brick arches of the original structure artistic contrast with the new decor.
The spacious rooms have been restored and have all the amenities. Among the list of people who have been in the hotel are personalities as important as Heinrich Schliemann, the archaeologist who discovered the city of Troy.... continue
- Lobby Bar
- Room services
- Tourism bureau
- La carte restaurant
- Car rental
- Terrace Viewpoint
- Medical services
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
- Some services require of local payments