Cuba Travel Tips
Important! - To travel to Cuba is necessary to take a certificate of insurance (although that is not systematic), specifying that you are in possession of health and repatriation insurance coverage during your stay in Cuba and for each person traveling . Your insurer can provides you this document , or your bank if you have a credit card that involves this type of insurance. Otherwise must purchase an insurance contract at the airport. It offers three types of contract based on the coverage. Price is 2 to 3.5 CUC for day per person.
- We recommend you to stay at Hostels legally authorized to be rented to foreign tourists. In Cuba It's very easy to identify authorized guesthouses to rent rooms, only have to check the seal on the door or wall outside
- Electric power in most places in Cuba is 110 V , although at almost all the houses have 220 V, outlets are for flat plugs.
- Take a copy of your passport, if the original is lost it would take several days to get the papers to leave the country.
- For travel between different cities, we recommend regular line bus transport Viazul, which reaches all tourist cities in the country at very affordable prices.
- In most establishments in Cuba(hotels, restaurants, bars) are accepted Visa and Mastercard but have not been issued by U.S. banks. However, always carry cash for those occasions when cash registers do not work. At the house you must pay with cash.
- Just change your money at the airport, banks or exchange houses named CADECA
- If you want to know the beauties of the island and have contact with all kinds of experiences, book Casas in different cities in Cuba (Trinidad, Varadero, Havana, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos, Holguin, Santiago de Cuba, Viņales).