Casa Colonial Belen 1850 Havana Vieja (Old)
San Ignacio Street #506 altos Between Luz and Santa Clara, Old Havana, Cuba.
Casa Colonial Belén 1850 is located near the Old Square(Plaza Vieja), east of the Avenue of Bélgica ( Egido ) between Calle Teniente Rey and Merced , which was the religious center of colonial Havana , full of churches and convents. The eighteenth and nineteenth centuries witnessed a wave of church buildings , as the bishops brought their influence to perpetuate in sculptures and stones. The most notable of these bishops was Diego Evangelino de Compostela , who arrived from Spain in 1867 and immediately began construction of the Convent of Belén, the Convent of Santa Clara de Asís in the neighborhood of Belén today , and the Church of the Holy Guardian Angel(Santo Ángel Custodio), among other ecclesiastical buildings in other areas of Old Havana . The area was also where was settled the first community of Sephardic Jews in Cuba after the expulsion from Castilla and Aragon in 1492. This was the genesis of the establishment of a large Jewish community in the country , and as for the twentieth century , Lithuanians and Polish Jews settled here after fleeing Nazi persecution. As part of a project to rebuild the Jewish settlement , the Cuban government has begun to rehabilitate the local synagogue located on Calle Acosta . The house has five air-conditioned rooms each with private bathroom and hot and cold water . Also, balcony overlooking the street , two rooms , terrace, dining room and kitchen.
- Air conditioning
- City view
- English spoken
- Hot and cold water 24h
- Private bathroom
5 rooms for rent